Yesterday I actually made some good progress on a quilt. The pattern is called “Bloom” by Thimble Blossoms and the fabric is by Fig Tree. Actually I have a couple other projects that I want to use the Fig Tree fabric in, so I have to get this quilt done so I know how much scrap fabric I have. Always looking to the next project…so typical.
I also found some ribbon to go around my bunny ears on “Bunny Tail.” We gave the hat to our friends last night, and I knew as soon as I saw the baby that the hat was going to be a little big. Total bummer. My gauge was perfect on it and I made the 0-6 month size but… I remembered the baby was born around Thanksgiving but for some reason that seems like forever ago, so I was thinking bigger. Her little 7 week head will have to grow a bit. On the positive side, the nice thing about knit is that it can fit loosely for a while and then stretch a bit. A good lesson learned for me on this one is that I should make notes next to the pattern about how I felt on the sizing, yarn used…etc.